Bipolar Bliss n' Blues

This is my personal fufillment/journal diary blog. I am bi-polar and sometimes its a little hard to sort out all that craziness, the feelings, the rush of emotions. This is my sanctuary. Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. Lets see if I grow up to BE someone! Or... fade into the background like a wilted orchid. Once beautiful, now overshadowed by others in vibrance and ambition. Like minded souls, let us share in each others wisdom, celebrate life's victories, and support each other whenever we stumble.















Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Breastmilk vs. Cowmilk Cheese: The Aftermath

Would you like some Breast with that cheese?

Man makes Breast-Milk Cheese. Women, not so happy with the recipe. The general consensus seems to be, "Ew Gross," or "her husband is such a jerk for exploiting his wife and her abundance of breast milk." Making the cheese out of breast-milk can be seen as frivilous, weird, or kinda creepy, I'll admit, but some women make A LOT of breast milk and its just kind of hanging out in the fridge. Would you rather waste the stuff and chuck it, or maybe, put it to good use?

SheSpeaks Blog has the article. I responded this:

"While I probably wouldn't eat breast-milk cheese, I don't really think there is anything wrong with making it/consuming it. Like devon206 said: "I had a freezer full of milk. It got to the point where I had to start throwing it out..." It seems like a shame to waste perfectly good breast milk. I don't think we are in danger of women being hooked up to milking machines. LOL. Unlike a cow, we can object in a very vocal and/or forceful manner. I can't imagine the demand for this cheese would be so high that any woman would be subjected to "overmilking" (if you will.) Our country's perception of brest-milk isn't all that favorable unless it is nourishing an infant, and even then, they don't want to see you doing it in public. Its interesting to note that apparently in Russia, men pay A LOT of money to get a specialty coffee w/ breast milk as a cream substitue. Kinda creepy... "

So, there you have it. Is this reaction to "Woman made Cheese" another example of social hypocrise or is it an avoidance of trying something new based on ignorance and fear? I will admit to being ignorant about the taste of this cheese because I don't know what it tastes like. I don't really want to eat cheese made from a human. I'm not a fan of those nasty gourmet, overpriced foot-cheese (what I call them based on the fact that most of them smell like rank foot odor or gag-inducing toe jam. I could call them butt-cheese but I think that has another meaning and I am NOT going there). My point is, yes, I am ignorant about the taste, but I am not going to stop others from trying it. Go for it. Maybe it'll become a trend for pretentious rich people, a delicacy to be served along with foi-gras and a two-hundred dollar box of crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment